Friday, June 12, 2015

Bisita Iglesia (II)

10 May 2015. Metro Manila

I was introduced to this church by my then seminarian cousin (now a priest) who spent some of his seminary formation with the Society of the Divine Word (SVD) Missionary. The church is located within the compound of the seminary. Other than this, Christ the King Mission Seminary is also known for the sale of religious articles, so I frequent the place for my mother's religious articles needs. 



It is a simple church, from the exterior to the interior, which makes the stained glass altar stand out. 


                  ~o~o~o~o~o

I am a new devotee to Saint Expeditus, whose usual attributes are a Cross that bears the word hodie (today) and a crow underneath his right foot with the word cras (tomorrow). Hence, he is the saint to be invoked for urgent needs. 


I particularly sought the Sto. Nino de Violago chapel because it houses a statue of the saint. Never did I expect the chapel to be so beautiful - inside and out. The facade looked like a European garden, and the altar enchanted with its gold surroundings.



 -jrlee