Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Information overload.

24 January 2015. Metro Manila.

It was a Christmas gift from a friend, but it became a post-birthday celebration for me as the girls and I visited the Mind Museum located at JY Campos Park, 3rd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig a day after my big day. True to its theme, science indeed came alive in the Museum. Maybe because of its gigantic display of the periodic table, the T-Rex looming over the visitors, the outer space suddenly becoming more accessible, and this huge floating dissected human brain.

The Museum is divided into five galleries: Atom, Earth, Life, Universe, and Technology. The last gallery is the only one located in the second floor and overlooking all the other galleries.

Atom was the most mind-boggling of the galleries maybe because back then, and until now, chemistry and I do not get along. There are shows where visitors get to actively participate aiming to make science enjoyable instead of intimidating. Girls and I sampled the video presentation at the Universe, and it was humbling knowing that the planet we inhabit is just a tiny dot within the observable universe.
My favorite galleries are Earth and Life because of the really creative way in which nature and organisms are displayed. The Technology gallery was merely a display of how far man has journeyed through time utilizing what the world has to offer. Girls and I tried the hug vest which was supposed to change color depending on your mood. All we got was a green color and I saw no explanation what mood 'green' was supposed to stand for.
 

There was more science in between the roads toward the galleries like the Invisibility Cloak in the Light Bridge, which the girls and I never figured out maybe because we had a hard time understanding the instructions. Anyway, just outside the museum is Science in the Park which features more science but with more play.

Until my next adventure,
-jrlee